Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WAGING WAR II

One of my favorite songs by CeCe Winans is Waging War!  The lyrics repeat a protest of, “I'm tired of principalities messing with me(Waging war)I'm tired of the devil stealing from me(Waging war)I promise he won't get one more thing(Waging war)I'm taking it back taking territory(Waging war)I'm ready for the battle I'm ready to win(Waging war)my weapon of power He lives within(Waging war)I can't be defeated the enemy gotta flee(waging war)I'm taking it back taking territory”  I love how she sounds so confident that she is the winner of the battle when she sings it. I feel the confidence all over me. One thing that we often don’t realize daily we wake up with a battle to fight and if we are unaware of that we fall into all kinds of pits. Last year was the first year for me planning the All Night Women’s Prayer Retreat. I knew that I would meet some challenges but I had no idea how hard those challenges would be. I had crazy stuff going on from the finances, the kiddos, and the man. I was very overwhelmed and beyond exhausted but I did recognize what was going and no matter how upsetting these situations were I continued to pray and ask God to show me the way. I fought and fought and fought my way through all the madness….and needless to say the retreat was a true blessing and I lived to see yet another day for battle. It’s that time of year again and we are gearing up for the retreat again with an awesome topic of Daughters of the King! An you guessed it the devil drama has started right up as soon as I send out the invites and get my crew in order! The difference is the reaction to the pitfalls and traps that are set. Last year I wasn’t surprised but I was in tremendous despair but this year I pray that I keep a level head. I also realize that I am at a different level than I was last year because I kept fighting. An I am always ready to see where God is taking me next. Do you recognize your daily battles? Do you realize that the more you grow the more test you will have? I mean you can’t believe the devil would give up your soul that easy when his is condemned for all of eternity to burn. I challenge you to get up every single day ready to WAGE WAR knowing the battle is already won over your life, and your soul. When you are doing great things in the name of The Lord expect great tests, but just know after the test is a great reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...