Tuesday, May 21, 2013

BRINGING FORTH LIFE


When I found out I was pregnant with each child I was thrilled! No matter what situation I was going through I was ecstatic that God gave me an opportunity to bring forth life. Carrying and having a child is the most amazing thing I've done. I know I went through labour but I honestly don't remember the extent of pain and the 13 hours seemed now to have flown by. When I saw their little faces none of that mattered at all to me because I had gave birth to a brand new life! Wow...our spiritual lives aren't much different. I don't know about you but no one could have told me when I was having those contractions that all that suffering wouldn't matter at all and would become a vague memory because the beauty after that labor would supersede all that I went through to get those babies here.  If you are anything like me when you are going through trials and tribulations nothing erks you more than people saying "oh you will be fine" or "you will be alright". Yes its very true but in the mist of the situations we go through we don't want to hear such flip responses, and honestly there is not much anyone can say that helps you feel better when you in the deepest trial period. I have just now realized in my life that each trial I have had is just like the birthing process. It starts with just a discomfort. As time goes on the pain intensifies where it seems unbearable but you have to still wait. Then you come to a period when you have to push through even when you think you are just too weary to do one more thing. In the pushing process I find that I have to really focus on what God tells me I am supposed to be doing. I cant be distracted by my own will but have to let Gods will supersede my own. An when it seems like I want to just cut my losses God is still there saying I cant quit and that all I have to do is push. This push time is where most of us do our most whining and complaining. I know I have many times said I am tired of pushing my way through...why is my labour lasting longer than such and suches labour! This hurts too much, cant you give me something extra for the pain.With my most recent trial I have even said I don't want it anymore just forget it...send me a new one,  but when I heard Gods voice reminding me how far I have come and this is no time for quitting I realize that there is no other option but to push harder. Just in case you don't know God is the BEST motivational speaker ever! This is when the amazing thing happens...I start to see a glimpse of what God has for me. The mistake so many of us makes is seeing that glimpse and thinking the work is done, but not only do you see that glimpse so does satan. Its his job to steal, kill and destroy us not just physically but spiritually. If you have ever had a child you know getting that big old baby head out is the hardest part. We have to keep pushing and pushing even harder. How do you push? Pray without ceasing. Study the word. Fellowship with other Christians that will encourage you. An always consult with God before that next step. After the hardest push you will bring forth life...and how awesome that is. Life is your break through, whether it be a spiritual awakening, monetary, relationships, joy....those are just a few things you can give birth to. God wants us to have blessing but He is wise beyond measure. We could never have a better plan than He does. When we go through trials its to make us stronger and better people for Him and to prepare us for those things He has for us. With each trial I have experienced I come out like new. Yes some labour takes longer than others depending on me most times.  Obedience is not always an easy thing especially when you are used to doing things a certain way. When I look back I cant believe I was going throughsome of the things I went through and came out the way I am. After I had each child as soon as I got a moment of quiet I gave them right back to God. Are you in the middle of a birthing process? Don't stop pushing! Keep labouring and when you see that blessing crown push even harder you are bringing forth life! Your life! And one your life is made new give it back to God all over again!

4 comments:

  1. Great words of encouragement! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job cuz. Proud of you. Rory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to check it out Rory! Im glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...