Friday, October 25, 2013

Let HIM Hold You


This is something I wrote for the women group I lead at my church W.O.W. I thought it would be neat to share with you all. Some of it will be familiar to somethings I have already shared but its still a good read.
 
We as women like to feel secure. When you hear most women talk about their needs the most you hear is they want to have time, consistency, and affection. All of these things help you to feel secure. I remember a lot of the times in dating I would just want to have someone there to hold me while I slept. Since my divorce the main thing I missed was having someone to hold me while I sleep. I am slowly learning to let God hold me. This is not easy when you are used to using men for this. I did say USE. God wants to hold you and provide that comfort and security that you desire to have. Have you ever felt like no matter who you are with you don’t seem to get enough love, affection, or security? Have you ever wondered how your relationship with God may be affecting this part of your life? God wants to hold you and embrace you in a way no earthly man can. There is a song called Falling In Love with Jesus. Have you tried that? The words state, “ In His arms I feel protected. In his arms never disconnected. In his arms I feel protected. There’s no place I would rather be.” Does that not cover all that you desire? WOW! That is awesome. It can be hard though when you are used to seeking a person to comfort you, you almost go through somewhat of a withdrawal initially. Once you find comfort in knowing that God is your comfort then you can have peace in His arms. When you find that peace in His arms that will take away the desperation that tends to happen searching for man to be able to comfort you. That will make you more focused, and keep you from attracting men that recognize the neediness in you. Have you ever had a friend or acquaintance that always ends up with the same type of abusive man and you wonder why she keeps getting these men that are abusive…there is something in her that attracts those men. Until that thing is changed within her by her learning to let God hold her then she will continue an endless cycle of bad relationships. For example I used to be a thug magnet. I mean I loved me a thuggish man, and they loved me. I always would say that the other guys were boring or square, then I would add but he is a nice guy, and is good to me. Which parts of that was true. However, these relationships were doomed from the start. Initially it was just fun, and they always were sweet, but then came being afraid all the time of things that could happen, jail, shooting, and God knows what else. Time would pass and I would question how “nice” they were if they were doing things that would hurt other people and their families. Whether it was selling drugs or just beating up the local crack head. I would struggle to change him, and convince him that my way of living made more sense, all because I wanted to make it work. I could never change him. We always ended up going separate ways because of our differences.  It was until I changed my way of thinking, and something about how I carry myself did I stop attracting the “thug”. LOL It is very rare that they even look my way now. If they do I am not looking theirs. I know a big part of that was my growth in the word of God. The more I grow spiritually the more confident I become in myself. The more I walk and talk with God the more I love myself. It is the intimacy I have with God that has changed in me. Now I am not perfect, no one is, but I am growing and recognize the changes. I want you to concentrate of letting God hold you. Let him hold you with his word, peace, love, patience, truth, comfort…I could go on and on. God has endless capabilities for you. In the mist of his arms you will be nurtured and grow into the woman God intended you to be from the start. Take charge and get off the endless roller coaster of bad relationships, whether it be friendships or relationships. Tell God you want an intimate ongoing relationship with Him so that you can have healthy relationships in your day to day lives. Let God hold you first, so the next person that holds you deserves to be there.
 
WORD SAYS
 
 
Psalm 119: 2     How blessed are those who observe His testimonies,
         Who seek Him with all their heart( check out this whole chapter of Psalms)
 
Psalm 130: 7  O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption
 
Psalm 136 READ IT ALL…His LOVE endures forever!(smiles)
 
Song of Solomon: 8:6 Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy [Or ardor] unyielding as the grave. [Hebrew Sheol] It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. [Or / like the very flame of the LORD]  
 
Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you
 
HEY KEEP READING THE WORD! These are just examples that actually have love in them but there are testimonies of God’s love from Genesis to Revelation!! Remember to let Him hold you, and embrace God into your daily living.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...