Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wilderness'itis

I made up that word WILDERNESS'ITIS just now. It had to be a God sent word. I was trying to figure out what in the world I should be writing about today. An for some reason the Israelites wondering through the wilderness for forty years popped in my mind. Not as if them being in the wilderness ten times longer than it took to get to the promised land wasn't bad enough but what kept them from the promise is what came to my mind just now as I was thinking about the changes going on all around me. I am doing my best to not get WILDERNESS'ITIS. WILDERNESS'ITIS is grumbling and complaining the whole way through and not knowing how to acknowledge all that God is doing and be content with where I am in life. When we hear the story of the Israelites it's very easy to judge their ungratefulness and lack of faith in God but I wonder would I have been a grumbler/whiner that didn't make it to the promise land because of my lack of faith. I sure would hope not The truth is we ask God for so much and even if He gave us every single thing we asked for we would somehow find a way to moan and groan about it. Lord bless me with a job....He gives it to us next thing you know...Oh GOD! I'm sick of this job! We ask for food and shelter and then we complain about what type of food and shelter He provides. Then when He wants us to just be still and acknowledge Him we whine and complain all through that process as well. I can say I have had WILDERNESS'ITIS plenty of times. The truth is a lot of the things that we want when we want it are not things we are ready for. I have thought I was ready and realize after some time I wasnt ready at all when I thought I was. I thank God for knowing better than me because there would be many disasters in my life if He didnt. Sometimes He says a flat no because its not what we need or the best thing for us. Being content where I am in life, and seeking growth at whatever level I am at is sometimes the hardest thing to do. It is so easy to get into a whoas me state of mind. There are some people that reek of negativity and have no clue that all they do is moan and complain all the time and then wonder why things do seem to change. I am finding that contentment helps you to calm down and see exactly what is going on around you. It is a time to hear clearly without fretting over things that are not in our control anyway. Contentment doesn't mean I don't still desire those things that I have asked God for.It means that while He works it out I am at peace that however He does it....He has got me. Meanwhile I have work to do on me. I also realize that much like the Israelites I can easily get WILDERNESS'ITIS and stay stuck in the same spot for an indefinite amount of time all because I refused to give it over to God, and trust His choices for my life, AND refused to see the blessings right before me. So today writing this I compel you to be content with what God has given you at this point in life, but not complacent. Seek His will for your life and if you think you are stuck...ask Him to show you YOU and what HE(God) would have you to do while He works on your behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...