Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eviction Notice


I remember when I was 19-20 not sure the exact age but I was staying with my Daddy. An of course I was grown and knew everything I needed to know with my 19-20 years worth of wisdom. :) Which is probably what lead to my Daddy telling me I needed to find me a place and he was giving me two months. I thought he had a lot of nerve to be giving me a timeline but if he wanted me to leave I was leaving. I started to look for a place immediately. I had made up my mind to move as soon as possible. I found a place within a week and moved out in less than a month. I remember Daddy telling Momma he didnt expect me to leave that quick. I had took on the attitude that if he wanted me gone I was out of there. I am even that way now if my lease is up and my landlord gives me a time frame I dont want to pay them another months rent I get out before the time allowed because I want to vacate and start building somewhere else.  I said all of that to say this...I look at my relationships..and wonder why is it when the person shows me with their actions, their words, and behavior that they want me out of their lives I dont exit as quickly. How many of us have held on to relationships past the termination date? I know I have. Here are the reasons why. I,like so many, allow myself to get physically involved and before now didnt realize that once you give your body to someone you have connected yourself to that person. It makes us move at a faster pace than we should and often causes us to ignore obivious signs should make us run for the hills immediately instead we want to marinate in the relationship. I can not think of one relationship that I have had that I didnt have signs early on that it wasnt for me. I have dated people knowing from the beginning it wouldnt work but the desire to have someone there with me would cause me to still step into territory I had no business just to end up still feeling alone. Then I would blame them for the demise of it all, even accusing them of using me. I realized that yes maybe on some level they were using me in one way or another but I was using them too. I was using them for the sex, using them for the warm body laying next to me even if it wasnt all the time. I used them to try to fill an empty void that I couldnt seem to fill. Wow it was amazing when God started to show me the ugly truth about me. He showed me that the loneliness remained, that the emptiness remained, and by sleeping around I was taking on connections and spirits adding to the things I already had going on. When He revealed those things to me I didnt immediately make a 360 but I started to pay closer attention and I still work on not using people to fill where God is supposed to be.I feel so much more whole and peaceful. Yes I still desire to have my mate, but I dont want him to MAKE me happy because I have the joy of God in me. I do want to be held and I get lonely at times but I dont want to sacrifice my peace just for that. Do I fall yes..we all do, but my goal is to make that fewer and fewer and to not use anyone for what God has told me He can and will provide for me. If you are challenged in your relationships or seem to always come to the same end, ask God to show you YOU...all of it.nThis can be scary because when the mirror is up in my face I swear at times I want to scream. Ask Him to show you those things you dont see and need to repair to have true joy an completeness and then put you in a position to recieve the blessings God has in store for you on that next level. An if you are in a relationship just because you are afraid of being alone,and you know the person has given you an eviction notice make an exit and allow God to fill any voids you have.

 

1 comment:

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...