Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Slow Down So I can See the Scenary


When I was a little bitty girl and my Daddy was a youngin he would go an get my great grandmother an take her to handle her errands from time to time. As usual Daddy was whipping along in the car and I remember Granny's small voice saying, "Slow Down Ken, I cant see the scenary".I still chuckle when I think of her saying that to him and of course he slowed the car to a pace that was more to her liking. Have you ever seemed like you were moving fast going no whe? There was all these things to do but you still seemed to be doing nothing and at the end of the day you were exhausted feeling you accomplished nothing. I truly believe that in those times God is telling us to SLOW DOWN SO WE CAN SEE THE SCENARY. I mentioned before how I would go all the time from sun up to sun down I was running around whether it be for the kids, my mate or the household. I never was sitting still. Im sure I made some very brash decisions  because I had no time to truly think through much of anything. I finally have got to a point where I actually sit back and take a real look at what is going on around me and it is one of the best things I have done. I dont want to do anything without understanding how it will affect me long term. What I have found is that I didnt reach that point in its entirety all at once. I believe the last thing has been my love life that I have actually been forced to slow down and see the scenary. Its amazing how differently things look when we STOP and truly look and listen to what God is saying. Everything in this life is so rushed, we are used to everything moving fast, going fast and happening fast we dont appreciate time and care in a situation. This is what I have come to...If God moved and rushed to my desire the way I wanted what a mess I would be in. By Him forcing me to slow down I noticed those things that needed work that would have torn things apart. I am glad for the care and patience God is taking with my life to shape me and mold me just perfectly. If I got half the things I want in a hurry I would mess them up and I realize that now. I want to say to you appreciate the time God gives youby slowing down, taking a breath so you can CLEARLY see the scenary God has put before you.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...