Saturday, June 8, 2013

Save the Whining for the Babies!


I have come to love this phrase that I so hated because my ex-husband would use it every time I would get upset with him because I wanted my way. I hated being compared to a baby when I truly felt my opinions and feelings were valid. I truly believed that if he would just do what I said in all situations things would go perfectly. I have to admit I carried that thinking pattern even once I was divorced and dating again. I had the perfect plans and my way and views were the best ones, and convincing them was the only obstacle. My mother told me a couple of years ago that was ridiculous for me to think that way and be serious about it. I thought she was crazy because I truly believed and honestly in some cases now still believe if he would just do what I say things would go just fine. I had a tendency to badger until I got my way and if I didn’t get my way I wouldn't stop pressing the issue until I got my way. I do a lot of listening to my friends talk and I have recently noticed WE do a lot of complaining and whining about things in our life that we don’t think are the way they should be. I didn’t notice this until the last few months and almost immediately when I noticed I began to get really annoyed with the complaining. I got to a point where I dreaded talking to some people because 90% of the conversation was complaints and thoughts of how it should be. I realized that before God showed me, ME I was doing the exact same thing they were. I started to make a concious effort to not whine as much.  After I had that revelation God started to show me what the result of this whining was. When we complain and whine we need to realize a few things. One thing is this when we complain it is like we are not appreciating all those things that are going well for us. We could have just gotten an awesome blessing and like the Israelites start to complain all over again and sometimes even about what He just blessed us with. Can you imagine giving someone something and then they complain about what you didn’t do? I think of that a wonder what God must think of that. The next thing is words are so powerful and what we release from our mouths is so important! Lots of times when we are complaining negativity is spewing out of our mouths about our situation. I know I have said such things as “It’s never going to happen”, “Maybe God forgot about me”, “I’m tired of this just forget it”. Just typing that makes my spirit drop. Those very words we say can hold us back, especially when God has already told us the promise for us to doubt it is a henderance. I can’t count how many times I have talked negatively over a situation not realizing I was doubting God’s power over my situations. WOW!!!! When I realized that it was a definite AH HA moment! Of course I know in The Word it tells us about the tongue being hard to tame and how it speaks life and death! Now here I was speaking death over situations in my life because they weren’t looking the way I thought they should as fast as I thought, which leads to my last point. We can’t tell God how to and when to move! Remember how I said that I would badger, and honestly still working on not doing that, the men I date until I got my way. I just realized that I was using that same method with God because although I didn’t say it I felt my way was the best way to handle it and the timing I wanted was the best for me. I can't count how many times I have "helped" God out in my process.I know you are reading this thinking “UHUH NO SHE DIDN’T”  I know..but yes I did. I have heard several sermons in the last month where they were saying openly that WE meaning me and you don’t have sense enough to know what is best for us and when its best for us but God knows all and sees all. I had to lift my hands and say praise God for His delay and His way because I know for a fact if He moved when I wanted Him to I would have mess right now. Think of  it this way…can you imagine a new born baby fresh out of the womb jumping on the floor and walking. Why not? If I’m guessing right your answer is that the baby wouldn’t be ready to walk yet and has to grow and get stronger before they can stand on those little fragile legs. EXACTLY! So we have to grow and get stronger before we can take the next step or move to the next phase. An God isn’t moving us until we are ready and any action we take without HIM will delay the process. Being content doesn’t mean you are complacent it means you have faith and want to be sure that the next step is one you are ready for. During this time work on you, seek God and ask Him to show you, YOU. He will do it! God doesn't delay to torture us! TRUST HIM!   An most of all  SAVE THE WHINING FOR THE BABIES!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So true and love the analogies! God will definitely show you, you if you ask Him...I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that- being content in all situations. I'm learning that it's less about me and more about His sovereign will.

    ReplyDelete

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...