Saturday, November 16, 2013

Testimony

Last night we did a testimonial skit. I wasn't too sure about adding this to my blog but I kept getting this feeling that I should. I did this presentation with poster paper which is why its spaced out all weird. Nonetheless I pray that someone reads this post and realizes that everyone comes from somewhere and some like me have had various things that were hard but made it out of it. This is in no way to bash my ex-husband...the accounts are true...but I have no malice or ever want any harm to come to him and pray for him even to this day. This is strictly because it was put on my heart that someone could benefit from it. Now....here is one of my many testimonies of how God delivered me.
 
Life is an AMAZING unpredictable journey that is filled with unexpected twists and turns.

Growing up I always looked forward to having a man to sweep me off of my feet, I never wanted to be alone.

 I married my husband at 21 years old; I was head over heels in love with him!

That first year our son was born and he was adorable!

I felt truly blessed that God blessed me with a man that loved me no matter what my past was

I needed him to make me feel complete, and whole in my life….

Of course we had our share of problems…but everyone does right?

Our son was a few months or so old when my husband went to prison, he was gone for two years

I worked hard to take care of our son and to have a nice place for him to come home to this time we were going to come out on top

This would be our happily ever

After about a year we started to argue a lot about but we always made up and vowed to stay together no matter what

Later I found out my husband was experimenting with different drugs but he assured me he was just having fun and it wasn’t something he had to do and could stop  at any point

I believed he had control of his habits until he stopped coming home for days at a time, leaving me stranded begging for rides home or walking.

There were times he would pawn the car to his supplier to drive until his debt was paid.

I kept it all a secret because I was ashamed to tell my family or friends what was going on…. so I covered for him and pretended everything was normal.

Eventually I started to believe I should leave…but I found out that I was pregnant and decided to give it one more try because I was convinced that was a sign to stay

He even went to rehab but when he got out soon after he started back using again; I went into premature labor at 30 weeks

He took me to the hospital…went to move the car and didn’t come back…I was scared and alone…and ashamed..I became hysterical…so the hospital staff called my mom

I was ashamed that my mom saw me like that, but she came and sat until I was calm and the labor had stopped…I was put on bed rest to keep the baby healthy

I had our daughter 6 weeks later and she was healthy and happy and beautiful. We moved for the 6th time out of 7 years….

The arguing continued, I finally decided it was over and felt God would understand, and I started to plan to leave but I still loved him and had doubts if I was doing the right thing

He stopped by on what would have been our 7th anniversary August 28th 2004… high and angry at me for not calling him….he accused me of sleeping with other men…things escalated

That night my husband beat, raped and held me hostage while my kids were sleeping in the next room, threatening to kill me and my family if I ever left or kept him away from the kids

That was the longest night of my life I spent praying for what to do to make it out of the situation and keep the kids safe.

He eventually passed out and we were able to sneak out of the house and call the police after I made it to my parents house.

When they got to the house he had taken a bottle of pills when he realized what he had done and I was gone.

I went to the emergency room, and the police let him go, I pressed charges and got a restraining order, and went to stay at my parent’s house

He called me and apologized for what happened, and God placed it in my heart to forgive him, but not to stay married to him. I still pressed charges.

I went on with my life. God blessed me with a job and a place to live on my own. I had peace of mind. He began to restore my mind, an spirit.

HE SAVED MY LIFE

HE RENEWED ME!

HE GAVE ME PEACE!

HE SHOWED ME LOVE!

GOD DID ALL OF THIS FOR ME!

AND HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...