Monday, January 27, 2014

God Pause


Anyone that knows me knows it is no secret that I can be a very impatient person. At one point I did a prayer for patience, which by the way I will NOT do again, and that is when I realized how impatient I was. I can honestly say that I have grown a lot in this area and I am far more patient than I used to be especially in regards to my personal life, and believe me there are lots of things I could be impatient about in that area.  I tell people that I use 90% of my patience on my kids and family so tread lightly. J The thing that is most interesting about God though is His sense of time is NOWHERE near ours, but He still manages to still ALWAYS be right on time. It’s tedious and amazing all at once. Through different times in my life I have noticed periods that seemed like absolutely nothing was moving forward. It drove me nuts! I would aimlessly pray and beg for God to have mercy which now I realize translated into “GOD CAN YOU HURRY UP I DON’T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE FOR THE PLAN I HAVE FOR ME!” I, most times ,don’t stop to think initially how God has a plan that will exceed my own and in all honesty one that I would rather Him carry out.  God is so awesome in my life. He knows just when to press a pause on my life.  I find over and over that God pushing pause is not to stop things at all…but so that things can go forward the way He plans for my life. I love Him for that. So when it seems that God is not moving things along the way you think He should…chances are it’s not time or He has something better in store for you. God knows the desires of our hearts even when we have forgotten them, or dismissed them. Trust Him.

They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary. They shall run and not faint. Teach me Lord…how to wait.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...