Sunday, August 17, 2014

Promotion

In the last few months I have had so many changes to occur in my life to talk about them all would take all day so I will try to stay focused. :) I can say God never ceases to amaze me with how he deals with me in certain areas of my life. Anyone that knows me knows I have a tendency to grow bored in jobs that seem too routine day after day same thing...no curves or hills...just straight road with grass on each side. I had been feeling that way for a while with my job so I started to apply for different positions a couple of years ago. I can't even tell you how many interviews and rejection emails I received.  I got discouraged and took a break then again...someone else got the position.  I would ask for feedback and the ones who responded always said I interviewed fine but the other person just had more experience.  I reminded myself that what is for me is for me and God has a plan. I took another break from applying just to regroup. One afternoon I got out of my car and literally murmured, "God I AT LEAST need a break...something new, even if it's not a promotion" That same night around 10pm I got a text from my supervisor about an opportunity to go help another division.  I replied instantly before I knew what it was or anything. This was on a Thursday night and I was somewhere else by the following Monday. The area I was in was so much less intense than what I was used to. It was just what I needed. I was getting a much needed break from what I was used to doing. I stayed in that department for about a month and a half when an opening came for another position that would be a lead for the team I had been working on the last 4 years. Long story short I ended up getting that promotion. There are so many lessons I learned from this two year experience. I learned to rejoice in other's blessings. I was never mad at any person who may have got their blessing before me...just knew it just wasnt my time yet. I learned to trust God's decision even when I thought I knew what was best at the time. An most of all I learned to wait..."They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up w wings as eagles." I ABSOLUTELY love how God positions us just right for what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check

MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT CHRISTIAN: Altitude Check : So how has everyone been doing with their altitude? Yesterday I did a brief post on how ...